We are very excited that the walk is this Saturday, June 15! Now is the time to continue working hard to raise funds and help CCFA continue its mission to find a cure for IBD!! All teams that raise a minimum of $2,000 get entrance into the Team Village on Walk Day. The Team Village is the spot for your team members to meet up and enjoy the day together, including your own tables and chairs. This will be a VIP area that all teams should try to be part of.
FINAL Collection Day: Tuesday, June 11 (3 pm-6 pm): Northwestern Mutual Denver, 5655 S Yosemite Street, Ste 100, Greenwood Village, CO 80111
Besides solely handing in donations and registering team members, participants can pick up event t-shirts, wristbands, visors and sweatshirts for your team. The first team to show up on Saturday receives a $10 gift card to King Soopers.
If you have any questions or need anything prior to the walk please contact:
Sr. Walk Manager
World IBD Day,
led by patient organizations representing 36 countries on four continents, is officially celebrated on May 19. Patient groups from Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, 28 European nations, Israel, Japan, New Zealand and the United States are working together to raise awareness of IBD.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to fund-raise via social media as well as to your personal contacts – by tying in this day of recognition of IBD. Change your profile pics, add the logo and quick blurb, ask for people to make a donation in honor of this special day.
Top Ten Leader Board – With just over 1 month until Walk Day, here is the current leader board:
- Team Gut Feelings
- Team Mason Folz
- Bowel Busters
- Northwestern Mutual Denver
- Jane’s Parade
- Barefoot YPG
- Team Trinady
- Creative Crohnies
- Team Deja Poo
- Strut For The Gut
Get others to Join Your Team: The best way to get team members is show the importance that CCFA has made on the lives of those impacts by IBD, along with highlighting the amazing Festivities taking place on June 15th. This includes some great Live Music, Great Tasting Food, Kids Activities, Incentives and so much more. Think about using the Take Steps Walk as a reunion, or get together with your family/friends/co-workers. Have them join your team today!
Volunteers Needed: If you, your child, social group or friends know of anyone who wants to volunteer at the event, please let us know. Email TakeStepsVolunteers@gmail.com for information.
Motivate your team members with these fundraising incentives!
Walk Day Incentives:
$25 Wristband Provided to fundraising participants for all Walk Day Festivities
$100 Take Steps T-Shirt
Post Walk Incentives:
$1,000 $2,500 Training T-Shirt or Fleece Pullover
$2,500 Rolling Cooler or Islander Jacket
$5,000 Fleece Throw or Mini Camcorder
$10,000 Kindle Ereader or Keurig Brewing System
Other Team Prizes will include: Best Team Name, Best Dressed Team, Best Decorated Team in Team Village, and Most Registered Walkers. The Traveling Trophies will also be earned by Teams, including the infamous Blue Toilet Seat Trophy, Friends & Family Trophy and NEW Corporate trophy.
Want to help out with the Take Steps Denver Walk on Saturday, June 15? Here are the volunteer positions we’re looking to fill:
2:30 pm – 5:30 pm
- Attend brief training
- Count donations and record properly
- Maintain organization and order
2:00 pm – 4:00 pm; 4:30 pm – 6:00 pm
- Place directional and sponsor signs
- Check for debris
- Set-up Water Station
- Decorate walk route
- Act as cheerleaders
2:00 pm – 4:00 pm; 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Set up food and beverages
- Keep area stocked with inventory
- Clean area when needed
1:00 pm – 4:00 pm; 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Set-up and organize area
- Perform activities with children
- Keep area clean and in order
4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Escort mascots around event
- Help with photos
- Make sure mascots are in proper location
8:00 am – 11:00 am; 11:00 – 2:00 pm; 2:00 pm-5:00 pm; 5:00-7:00 pm
- Both Pavilion and East High School lots
- Ensure unwanted vehicles are not in lot
- Help coordinate entry and exiting
- Assist with set-up
- Distribute toys and treats
- Recruit pets for Pet Contest
- Implement pet contest
4:00 pm – 7:30 pm
- Guide participants/teams to photo area
- Assist in photos/videos throughout event
- Print team on board to hold during picture
- Assist photographer with event photos
3:00 pm – 5:30 pm
- Attend brief training
- Greet participants
- Complete and file pledge envelopes
- Help with accounting procedures
Set-Up and Logistics
12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Unload storage units
- Distribute supplies to appropriate areas
- Set-up tables and chairs in appropriate tents
- Hang CCFA and sponsor banners
T-Shirt / Distribution
3:30 pm – 5:30 pm
- Sort shirts and incentives by size
- Distribute shirts and other incentives
1:00 pm – 4:00 pm; 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Set-up tables, chairs
- Hang Team signs
- Greet guests and monitor entry
- Decorate area
7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Clear route and registration area of debris
- Break-down tables, chairs and other materials
- Take down signs and banners
- Throw away trash
2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Check in vendors that arrive
- Show guests the location for where to set-up
- Assist in set-up when necessary
12:00-2:00; 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Check in volunteers
For more information:
Call 303-639-9163 x2
Facebook: Take Steps Denver
Volunteers are not required for the entire shift, though are asked to confirm their time commitment prior to Walk Day. All ages are welcome.
Scott Theodore Scott Theodore is Managing Partner of Northwestern Mutual – Denver. Originally from Cleveland, Ohio, he began his career with the Northwestern Mutual in 1989. Scott has held the positions of financial representative, field director, and managing director, and has been the managing partner since January 2004.
Northwestern Mutual honored Scott with its prestigious 2009 and 2010 Region Leader Award. The honor recognizes the managing partner an outstanding year of performance, serving the financial security of clients throughout the region. With offices in Denver, Springs, Greenwood Village, West Denver, Broomfield and Vail, Scott has led the organization’s growth from 110 financial and employees, to 224 today.
Visit Scott’s Take Steps page: online.ccfa.org/goto/Theo
Read more about Scott: http://www.nm-denver.com/~ManagementTeam.htm
Honorary Walk Chair
A published author and award-winning journalist, Benjamin Hochman is in his third season as the Nuggets and NBA beat writer for The Denver Post. He previously worked on the staff of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, winners of two Pulitzer Prizes for their Hurricane Katrina coverage. He wrote the Katrina-themed book “Fourth And New Orleans,” published in 2007. A graduate of the Missouri School of Journalism, Hochman has covered numerous major events, including the Super Bowl, the NBA Finals, the BCS championship game and the Beijing Olympics. He also is a co-host of the sports talk show “303’s Company,” weekday nights on 1510 AM. In his free time, Hochman performs stand-up comedy around the Denver area.
Trinady’s personal page features a video of herself speaking on her behalf as well as answering some questions from Jeremy Stern. Check out this great use of video!
Join CCFA and help raise funds while watching the Rockies live in action. Proceeds will benefit CCFA and can be applied toward your Take Steps or Team Challenge fundraising efforts. Click on the links below to get tickets – Use the Password: CCFAROCKIES
Sell the most tickets to either of these games and win a Rockies gift basket!
Fund-raise on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media networks!
- Swap your profile picture for a Take Steps logo!
- Update your status on Facebook!
- Join our Take Steps Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ccfatakesteps
- Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/takesteps
- Download our new Facebook and Email mobile application—this will let all of your Facebook friends know you are raising money for an important cause, and give them the option to join your team from your profile badge.
- Reach out to your internal network—neighbors, hairdresser, lawyer, etc.— and ask them to join your team. People who you do business with, have a relationship with, and know your story will have in interest in supporting you in this important cause!
- Place coin canisters in your child’s school or other local businesses…those coins add up and get people talking! Contact your local chapter to order canisters!
- Place our banners on your blog, Facebook® page and on e-mails to friends to help us spread our message.
- Use our Take Steps logo on your Web site, in newsletters, on team t-shirts, and any other place you’re promoting Take Steps.
- Find a team or participant and donate here